Adi Drumea

Monday, May 05, 2008

[Apache] Error 300 Multiple Choices

I've spent the last two hours trying to figure out the cause of this message. First I thought it had something to do with mod_rewrite, then I suspected mod_negotiate (didn't know what it does). To make things worse, searching the error message would hit error pages crawled by google, nothing helpful. Finally, I used some magic keywords (url closest match) and I found the guilty module: mod_speling. Once enabled, it matches the url to the closest valid name it can find.

I can't help notice the humour of the open source programmers, spelling 'spelling' as 'speling'. Not enjoing it very much, they'd better make a safer default apache config than try so hard to look smart. Typical "rtfm!/i'm so smart" counterproductive behavior.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home